Our vision is to elevate humans above and time- and knowledge-intensive processes and to empower us all to realise the full potential of all available information through the application of machine learning techniques.
Our mission is to enable our customers to make better decisions, today.
Our customers are engaged in some of the most important and challenging work in the UK and around the globe, analysing billions of data points each day. Adarga creates and designs powerful AI analytics technology that helps them analyse vast amounts of data and discover the critical, deep insights that drive faster, better decisions.
Adarga technology powers products that augment and empower the human teams working with knowledge-intensive processes.
We think humans should spend time doing the what humans do well, and that the machines should do the stuff that machines do better.
We call this enhancing human ingenuity.
If you have a passion for making products that analyse vast amounts of data faster, more accurately and more effectively, then why not help us build a better data future?
We’re looking for a multi-skilled engineer to join our small x-ops team. Our remit is to design production systems to be scalable, fault-tolerant and secure, and to streamline and optimise the development and deployment pipelines used by the engineers. We approach this challenge with a software engineering mindset.
Our product is cloud native, and the management of it is highly automated - but there’s still work to do! Our development environment is similar. Our goal is fully automated continuous deployment, and everything as code. We don’t shy away from using new tools and technologies to improve our estate, and consequently are on a constant journey of discovery.
You will bring additional focus to our work, contributing actively to the team’s goals, and working closely with the development teams as we strive towards our goals. Your days will be highly dynamic, a mixture of development, learning and supporting our product releases. Development activities range from small incremental improvements and bug fixes to multi-month strategic scale collaborative projects. In all of our activities we work side by side with the developers and researchers, are actively involved in their sprints, and bring to bear a variety of technologies to ensure software quality and high velocity.
Within this role, you will have the chance to:
· Make a real impact – our flagship products will rely heavily on the systems you help to build and support
· Continuously learn a wide array of new technologies
· Receive committed mentoring and training by an experienced leadership team
· Have an immediate opportunity for increased responsibility, leadership, and personal growth
· Hands on experience with microservice architectures running in Kubernetes
· Proven automation and software engineering skills
· Good knowledge of cloud network and security architecture
· Good knowledge of cloud compliance policies such as CIS and ISO27001 benchmarks
· Experience with cloud-based logging, monitoring, auditing and security services
· Practical experience with infrastructure-as-code tooling, preferably Terraform
· Experience of Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) concepts and practices
· Experience of Chaos Testing concepts and practices
· Practical experience with build pipelines and CI/CD systems
· Good working knowledge of database and other stateful services in cloud