We are looking for a talented NLP Principal scientist with Deep Learning expertise to join our team working across a modern, web-focused technology stack. We work in a fast-paced environment, utilising cloud-based technologies to deploy our products to customers.
This is an exciting opportunity for those who want to enjoy state-of-the-art R&D and be challenged and grow as a Principal NLP Scientist; along the way this role will contribute to game-changing products for the one of the hottest AI start-ups in Europe while working to enact a global network to deliver impact and change.
The role is based in either our London or Bristol office and offers a competitive salary and bonus with great benefits.
As NLP Principal, you will be building and training NLP models to extract information which we use within a range of client-facing analytical products. You will be required to interact with our users and engineers, gathering relevant information to train models and articulate the performance of them, to seek industry leading results. You will be using your linguistic background to prepare and curate NLP datasets, as well as designing and managing annotation tasks for NLP.
We all know that the amount of unstructured data - emails, documents, social media, web content, images and video - is exploding. We also know that generating actionable intelligence from this data is time consuming and inefficient.
We think people should spend time doing the stuff that people do well, and let the machines do the stuff that machines do better. We apply our expertise to tackle our customers’ challenges, freeing people to do what they do faster and better. We build our AI and ML technology into products that are easy to deploy, manage and use. We want all our tools to augment and empower knowledge-intensive processes and to help our customers efficiently and effectively analyse large volumes of data.
Our customers are engaged in some of the most important and challenging work in the UK and around the globe, analysing billions of data points each day. The volume and complexity of their data is growing rapidly and represents a significant opportunity for us to make a positive and significant impact for our customers.
We have a small and growing team with decades of experience applying ML and AI in the real world. Our team specialise in Natural Language Processing, Complex Network and Graph Theory, Time Series Analysis, CI/CD Cloud Solutions, Distributed System Architectures and Microservices. We have senior bankers and junior developers, PhDs and self-taught hackers. Whatever your background, we hope you would like to find a home in our inclusive and diverse team.
We pride ourselves on our close academic relationships with many of the UK’s leading software engineering and ML universities where we aim to apply cutting-edge research as
soon as it is viable to real world, client-led problems. We hold quarterly hackathons, where we take a break from the sprint rhythm, take some of those blue-sky ideas, and encourage ourselves to make something happen!
Adarga is one of the few companies in the UK making Artificial Intelligence work on the ground, today, in real products. If you have a passion for making products that analyse vast amounts of data faster, more accurately and more effectively, then why not help us build a better data future?
· A PhD or equivalent degree in a related discipline (e.g., Statistics, Machine Learning, Computation Linguistics, Computer Science, Engineering, and Physics).
· Completion of one significant project (equivalent of a PhD research project, and/or a viable commercial product) in one or more of the hiring themes.
· Experience in core NLP and text analytics tasks and application areas (e.g., text classification, topic detection, information extraction, Named Entity recognition, entity resolution, Question-Answering, dialog systems, chatbots, sentiment analysis, event detection, language modelling).
· Scientific expertise, strong track record, and real-world experience in Deep Learning, especially with hands-on experience in hyper-parameter tuning and deep construction /distribution (e.g., architecture design in CNN/RNN/LSTM, attention mechanisms, parameter initialisation, activation, normalisation, and optimisation).
· Expertise in programming (e.g., Python, C++ or Java/Scala) and computing technologies (high-performance computing, e.g., CUDA).
· Deep understanding in NLP for technologies such as BERT (and it derivitives such as ROBERTA), Transforms, Embedding/Extraction, NER, and other modern NLP techniques.
· Ability to use existing deep / machine learning libraries (e.g., TensorFlow, Torch, Theano, Caffe, scikit-learn, Deeplearning4j, and Chainer).
· Experience in minimum of 2 projects that you have personally taken cradle to grave (from idea, to research to model creation to coding to deploying operationally to tuning as a live production system)
· Familiarity with existing Open Source NLP libraries and utilities (e.g., Stanford CoreNLP, spaCy, fastText, AllenNLP, PyTorch-NLP, Gensim, word2vec, GloVe). Experience in mining large-scale, multi-domain text corpora and streams.
Nice to have but not mandatory
· Review, direct, guide, inspire the research of the more junior scientists in the team.
· Based on candidate, the role may also become the team lead for the core NLP NER/ERD team.
· Employ the best of NLP (and Deep Learning) research for solving business problems -disrupting the current practice in insurance and investment. Build and refine algorithms that can find “useful” patterns in large multi-modal data (particularly, text, conversations, and transactional data).
· Creativity to provide the business with new product ideas, as well as data-driven apps, insights and strategies.
· Excellent communication skills and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders (both internal and external).
· Lead, inspire and mentor junior scientists and research assistants / interns.